Recipe: Roast Pot
- 3-4 pound beef, rump or chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, seasoned
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, seasoned
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion, instant, minced
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- Rub all sides of meat with salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, and paprika. In crockpot, combine seasoned beef with onion and bouillon. Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove from pot, slice. If gravy is preferred, thicken juices with flour dissolved in a small amount of water after removing meat from pot.
- If desired, vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, small white onions, or celery may be added with bouillon and cooked the same time as meat.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)