Recipe: Roasted Eggplant With Chilies
- 2 lb Eggplant
- 1/2 c Olive oil
- 2 c Onion, finely chopped
- 1 c Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c Finely shredded ginger
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Red chili peppers
- 1 tb Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/2 ts Ground black pepper
- 1/2 c Chopped coriander
- Grill or broil whole eggplants until they collapse. When cool enough to handle, slit them open & scoop out the flesh into a skillet with the oil.
- Add the onion & cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
- Add all the reemaining ingredients excepting the coriander. Cook, stirring often for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take care not to let it burn. Stir in the coriander & serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)