Recipe: Robin’S Pot Pie
- 1 ea 8″ Pie crust baked
- 1 ea 8″ Crust unbaked (top)
- 1/4 c Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tb Nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 ts Salt
- 3/4 ts Garlic powder
- 3 c Firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 c Onion, chopped
- 1 c Celery, sliced
- 1 c Carrots, chopped
- 1 c Assorted vegetables
- 2 c Chickenless gravy
- Set the pie shell aside. Combine the flour, yeast, salt, garlic powder & tofu in a paper bag, and shake.
- Saute the tofu mixture in the oil until lightly browned. Add the onion, celery & carrots & continue to saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the other vegetables & cook until the vegetables are tender but crisp, about 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Pour the gravy over the mixture in the skillet & stir. Pour into the pie shell. Roll out top dough & place on pie. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- VARIATION: Pour vegetable mixture into an uncovered casserole dish & top with crushed cornflakes. Bake for 30 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)