Recipe: Russian Potato And Mushroom Croquettes
- 1 1/2 lb Potatoes; peeled and chopped
- 5 c Water
- 1 Onion; peeled and chopped
- 1/4 lb Mushrooms
- 1 ts Oil
- 1 tb Water
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 1 c Matzo meal
- 1 tb Oil
- Boil potatoes in water til tender. Drain and mash potatoes.
- In a separate pan, saute onions and mushrooms in oil and water over medium-high heat for three minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed potatoes, sauteed onions and mushrooms, seasonings and matzo meal together in a large bowl.
- Form 10 croquettes. Heat oil in a large frying pan over med-high heat and fry croquettes for 8 minutes on each side.
- Serving size is 2 croquettes per person.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Russian