Recipe: Saloon Pickled Eggs And Beets
- 4 lb Young red beets (8 c)
- 1 c Brown sugar
- 2 c Vinegar (probably cider -vinegar at the time -of recipe)
- 2 c Cold water
- 2 ts Salt
- 4 Pieces small stick cinnamon
- 14 Whole clove
- 24 Hard boiled eggs
- Wash beets, cut off leaves, stems and all but an inch of root, and cut into bite size pieces.
- Cook till tender then drain and peel. Boil remaining ingredients except eggs together for 10 minutes, cool and dump in beets. let stand a week or so.
- Add the eggs and let stand in cool place or fridge for at least 3 days. Place on bar and let em at em!
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)