Recipe: Savory Crockpot Sauerbraten
- 4 pound chuck roast
- 1 salt & pepper
- 2 each onions, sliced
- 1 each can condensed beef broth (10 3/4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup liquid brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 8 each gingersnaps
- 1 noodles
- Sprinkle roast on all sides with salt & pepper. Place roast in crockpot, add onion, broth, brown sugar & vinegar.
- Cover tightly, cook 5-6 hours on high. Remove roast & set aside. Add crumbled gingersnaps to the sauce in the crockpot.
- Stir until sauce thickens. Slice meat and serve sauce over slices. Serve with noodles.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: German