Recipe: Seasoned Tempeh In A Cold Vegetarian Gelatin
- 8 oz Grated tempeh
- 2 tb Tamari 1 ts Paprika
- 1/4 ts Cayenne Pepper
- Vegetarian Gelatin – to make 3 liquid cups
- 1 Green Pepper 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Kosher Dill Pickle
- 4 -to 6 Cubes of vegetarian bouillon – (optional)
- Black Pepper; to taste – (optional)
- Mix tamari with paprika and cayenne pepper in a bowl and then stir in grated tempeh. Spread on large plate and microwave for 5-10 min. (Or bake or broil until firmer and browner).
- Chop fine the peppers and pickle and mix with browned tempeh. Bring 3 cups of vegetarian gelatin (with or without bouillon) to boil, pour over the pepper/pickle/tempeh mix and then pour into flat dish to 1/2 inch height.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve cold with sour dough rye bread and mustard and Lowenbrau (optional).
Number of servings (yield): 1
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)