Recipe: Seitan Roast With Mushroom Gravy
- 1 lb Seitan
- 2 c Sliced mushrooms
- 2 c Sliced onions
- 1 1/3 oz Tofu scrambler
- 4 c Water
- 1 tb Chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tb Chopped fresh sage leaves
- Slice seitan into 1/2″ slices & place in a Dutch oven. Layer mushrooms & onions on top.
- In a bowl, combine dry tofu scrambler with water, basil & sage.
- Pour over seitan & vegetables. Bring to a boil & simmer gently for 30 minutes, till gravy has thickened.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)