Recipe: Slightly Italian Chicken
- 4 Lg boneless chicken breasts– (Remove all skin) 1 Can mushroom pieces — drained
- 1 Can artichoke hearts — drain
- 1 Bunch green onions — chopped
- Sauce- 1 Tablespoon Qk-cooking tapioca — (heaping
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh lemon juice —
- 1 Teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Env. low-sod. ckn bouillon
- 1/3 Cup Low-cal Italian salad dsg.
- 1/2 Cup White wine
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Spray crock inside with Vegetable Spray. Place drained mushrooms, drained artichoke hearts and chopped green onions in bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle vegetables with a heaping Tablespoon of quick-cooking tapioca and 1 envelope of chicken bouillon (I use MBT brand of low-sodium chicken bouillon, but any will do). If you’re using granulated bouillon, use about a heaping teaspoon.
- Place well-washed and dried boneless chicken breasts (all skin and fat removed). Combine remaining sauce ingredients and pour on top of chicken and vegetables. Cover and set crockpot on High.
- Cook 5-6 hours or until tender. The tapioca thickens the sauce while it cooks (you can’t even guess the tapioca is in there later). I used Minute Maid fresh frozen lemon juice because I don’t like the taste of Real-Lemon and I didn’t have a fresh lemon on hand.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Italian