Recipe: Slow Cooker Stuffing
- 1 each butter, or margarine, stick
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 each mushrooms, 8 oz can, drained
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cup toasted bread cubes
- 2 each eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cup chicken bouillon
- Melt butter in skillet. Add onion and celery and saute until tender. Stir in mushrooms and parsley. Combine seasonings and sprinkle over bread cubes. Add eggs, bouillon and onion mixture.
- Toss thoroughly until well combined. Spoon lightly into slow cooker. Cover and set on high for 1 hour, then reduce to low and cook for 1 to 2 hours.
- Note: 22 bread slices (24 ounce loaf) cubed and toasted for 15 minutes in a 300 degree oven to make toasted bread cubes.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)