Recipe: Spelt Bread
- 2 c Spelt flour
- 1 pk Quick-rising dry yeast
- 2 tb Sugar or other granular
- Pinch of salt 2/3 c Very warm soy milk
- 2 tb Melted margarine
- In large bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Stir in soy milk and 1 Tablespoon melted margarine until dough forms. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead about 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Grease mixing bowl and place dough in bowl, turning to coat lightly. Cover and place in warm spot away from drafts.
- Let rise about 30 minutes. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place dough on greased baking sheet, or, if desired, bake in greased 8- x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Brush with remaining tablespoon of melted margarine and bake about 25 minutes or until golden and loaf sounds hollow when tapped on top.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)