Recipe: Spicy Sausage And Bean Soup
- 1/2 lb Fully cooked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 ts Chili powder or adjust to taste
- 1/2 ts Oregano leaves
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 2 1/2 c Water
- 16 oz Can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 c Uncooked elbow macaroni
- 15 oz Can kidney beans, drained
- In large saucepan, combine sausage, seasonings, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in beans; cook for an additional 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)