Recipe: Spicy Sausage Patties
- 1 Poblano chili; roasted, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 c Tightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 c Tightly packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 c Tightly packed romaine lettuce
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 ts Dried oregano; crushed
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/8 ts Freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 ts Ground cumin
- 1/8 ts Ground cloves
- 1 lb Ean ground turkey; (99% fat-free)
- In a food processor, place all of the ingredients except the turkey, and process until smooth. Scrape the mixture into a medium-size bowl.
- Add the turkey and combine well with your hands until the spice mixture is evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let the flavors meld.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Form the sausage into 3″ patties. Fry the patties for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)