Recipe: Spicy Sausage Sandwiches
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large fresh banana pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet red bell pepper — diced
- 1/2 cup Vidalia or sweet onion — diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn — thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley — chopped
- Sandwich: 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 English muffins — split and toasted
- 6 slices Colby/Jack cheese
- Remove seeds and membranes from jalapeno and banana peppers if desired (for a less spicy salsa). Dice peppers and place in a bowl; add remaining salsa ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Form the sausage into six patties; cook in a skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Place each on an English muffin half; top with 1 tablespoon salsa and a slice of cheese.
- Cover with other muffin half. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 1
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)