Recipe: Spicy Seafood Pasta
- 1 lb Fresh pasta
- 1/3 lb Small shrimp
- 1/3 lb Bay scallops
- 3 1/2 sl Bacon
- 4 1/2 Shallots, minced
- 1 tb Sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 ts Powdered chile pepper or hot
- Hungarian pap 5 oz Heavy cream
- Boil sufficient water to cook the pasta. Dice the bacon into 1/4″ squares and cook over medium-high heat or until cooked and slightly crispy. Add shallots and saute till clear.
- Turn heat to high and add shrimp; turn. Add scallops when both sides of shrimp are pink; stir-fry scallops and shrimp until mostly cooked, about three to five minutes. During this time, add the red pepper.
- Put pasta in boiling water (salted and oiled) and cover. Add cream to shellfish-bacon mixture and keep cooking over high heat to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- Add the sun-dried tomato paste and mix into the cream while the cream reduces. When fairly thick (about the time that the noodles are done), remove from heat.
- Drain noodles and place in warmed serving bowl; cover with sauce, toss well, and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)