Recipe: Spicy Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
- 1/2 lb Tender boneless beef, such – as sirloin, cut crosswise – into scant 1/4 inch slices 1 1/2 tb Sesame seeds
- 1 lg Broccoli stalk
- 1/2 Yellow bellpepper, thinly sl
- 1/2 c Canned beef broth
- 2 tb Soy sauce
- 1 tb Ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 lg Garlic clove
- 1 ts Cornstarch
- 1/4 ts Dried crushed red pepper
- 3 tb Vegetable oil
- Combine beef strips with 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds in small bowl. Toss to coat well. Cut florets off broccoli stalk. Peel stalk and thinly slice crosswise.
- Combine broccoli florets and stalk with yellow pepper in medium bowl. Stir broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves.
- Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry until brown, about 2 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer beef to plate. Heat remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in wok. Add broccoli and peppers and cover wok. Add beef and accumulated juices from plate.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Transfer beef mixture to platter. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if desired and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)