Recipe: Spicy Shrimp Dip
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound shrimp, fresh, medium sized, unpeeled
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 each italian salad dressing mix envelope (0.7-oz)
- 2 tablespoon green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Chill, peel, devein, and chop shrimp.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in sour cream, shrimp, and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Serve with fresh vegetables.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Italian