Recipe: Spicy Shrimp Patties
- 1 lb White fish fillets (sole,-cod or whiting)
- 6 oz Cooked peeled shrimp, chopped
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c Vegetable oil
- 2 tb Chopped cilantro (fresh-coriander)
- 1 tb Chopped fresh mint
- 1 Inch piece fresh gingerroot,
- grated 2 c Fresh white bread crumbs
- Salt and red (cayenne)
- pepper to taste 1 Egg yolk,
- beaten 2 tb Lemon juice
- 3/4 c Garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tb Ground coriander
- 1/2 c Water
- Mint sprigs and lemon slices, to garnish Remove any skin and bones from fish, rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Mince fish, then transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in shrimp, green onions, gingerroot, cilantro, mint, 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, salt and cayenne. Add egg yolk and lemon juice; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 16 equal portions and form into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Roll patties in remaining bread crumbs to coat completely. Put flour, coriander, salt and cayenne in a small bowl; add water and mix to a smooth batter. Heat oil in a skillet.
- Dip patties in batter; fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot, garnished with mint and lemon slices.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)