Recipe: Spicy Spam Kabobs
- 1/4 c Lemon juice
- 3 tb Minced onion
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 1 t Dried leaf thyme
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 t Whole oregano leaves
- 1/4 t Red pepper flakes
- 16 Pea pods
- 1 cn Pineapple chunks packed in light juice
- drained (8 oz) 1 cn SPAM Luncheon Meat, cut into 24 cubes (12 oz)
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces 4 c
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine first 7 ingredients in 9×12″ dish. Wrap pea pods around pineapple chunks. Alternately thread SPAM cubes, pineapple chunks, and bell pepper pieces on eight skewers.
- Place in dish with marinade. Cover and marinade 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill kabobs over medium-hot coals 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Or, broil 5″ from heat source 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)