Recipe: Spicy Szechuan Tofu
- 24 oz Soft tofu
- 2 tb Oil
- 1 ts Minced fresh ginger
- 1 ea Garlic clove, minced
- 3 tb Chopped scallions
- 1 tb Szechuan hot bean paste
- 1 tb Tamari
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Sugar
- 1/2 c Stock
- 1/2 tb Cornstarch dissolved in 2 tb water 1 ts Sesame oil
- 2 dr Hot chili oil
- 1/4 ts Szechuan peppercorn powder
- Drain & rinse tofu. Drain again. Cut into 1 inch square pieces. Set wok over high flame & add oil. When hot, add ginger, garlic & 2 tb scallions, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add hot bean paste & tofu. Stir gently. Add tamari, salt, sugar & stock, bring to a full boil.
- Thicken with cornstarch. Add sesame oil, chili oil & peppercorn powder.
- Sprinkle with remaining scallions & serve with brown rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)