Recipe: Spicy Texas Chili
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak — cut in 1/2″ cubes
- 1 medium onion — chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili pepper — finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 3 14.5 oz cans whole tomatoes — undrained, cut up
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper — (cayenne)
- Spray nonstick Dutch oven or large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over mediu m-high heat until hot.
- Add beef, onion, chile pepper and garlic; cook until be ef is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened and flavors are blended, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt, if desired
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)