Recipe: Spicy Thai Noodles
- 8 oz Dried rice noodles
- 1/4 c Vegetalbe oil
- 3 ea Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb Chicken breast diced
- 1/2 lb Shrimp deveined, diced
- 2 ea Eggs, beaten
- 2 c Bean sprouts
- 1/3 c Unsalted peanuts, ground
- 1/3 c Ketchup 3 tb Chinese fish sauce
- 2 tb Lemon or lime juice
- 2 ts Soy sauce
- 1 ts Chilli sauce or chilli paste
- 1 ts Granulated sugar
- 3 ea Green onions, thinly sliced
- Place noodles in large bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 20 minutes or until softened. Drain well. Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, chicken and shrimp; stir fry about 1 1/2 minutes until nearly cooked through. Add egg; let set slightly then stir to scramble.
- Add noodles, beansprouts and peanuts; stir fry until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Combine ketchup, fish sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, chili sauce and sugar in small bowl.
- Add to noodles; stir fry until well coated. Garnish with onions.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Thai