Recipe: Spicy Thai Pizza
- 3 c Cooked brown rice
- 2 c Shredded mozzarella cheese
- divided 1 c Crunch peanut butter
- divided 1 Egg; beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray 1/2 c Hot water 1/4 c Cilantro, minced
- 2 tb Soy sauce
- 3 tb Dark sesame oil; divided
- 1/4 ts Ground red pepper
- 2 c Broccoli flowerets
- 1 md Red onion; chopped
- 2 lg Carrots; julienned
- Combine rice, 1 cup cheese, 1/4 cup peanut butter and egg in large bowl. Press firmly into 12-inch pizza pan or 10-inch pie pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 8 minutes. Mix remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter, water, cilantro, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil and red pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Stir-fry broccoli, onion and carrots in remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until tender-crisp. Spread sauce over crust; top with vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Thai