Recipe: Spicy Thai Slaw
- 1 md Cucumber
- 2 Serrano chiles
- 1 sm Savoy cabbage; shredded
- (about 1 lb.) 4 Green onions; minced
- 1/2 c Unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- chopped 2 Garlic cloves; minced 1/3 c Vegetable oil
- 1/4 c Rice wine vinegar
- 3 tb Fresh cilantro; chopped
- 2 tb Sugar
- 2 tb Light sesame oil
- 1/2 ts Curry powder
- 1/8 ts Soy sauce
- Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Coarsely chop cucumber; set aside. Rinse chiles; remove and discard stem ends.
- Cut chiles in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Chop chiles.
- Combine cucumber, chiles, cabbage, green onions, peanuts and garlic in a bowl; toss well. Combine oil and remaining ingredients; stir with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Thai