Recipe: Spicy Thai Tofu Salad
- 1 ts Black sesame seeds
- toasted and crushed 1 ts Peanut or sesame oil
- 1/4 c Rice vinegar 1 tb Tamari
- 2 ts Honey
- 1 Garlic clove
- minced 1 tb Fresh cilantro
- minced 1/4 ts Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 lb Tofu steak
- thinly sliced 1/2 c Fresh shiitake mushrooms (OR white button mushrooms)
- sliced 1 sm Red bell pepper
- sliced into thin strips 1 c Fresh sugar snap peas
- OR snow peas 1/2 c Green onion
- sliced 1/2 lb Fresh spinach;washed, dried
- To make dressing, combine sesame seeds, oil, vinegar, tamari, honey, garlic, cilantro and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl, stirring until well-mixed.
- Add tofu, shiitake, red bell pepper, snow peas and green onions. Toss with dressing until coated.
- Let marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Divide spinach between four plates.
- Top with marinated tofu and vegetables and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Thai