Recipe: Spicy Tofu With Green Vegetables And Noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, or red chili flakes 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry, dry
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 oz tofu, pressed, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, chopped
- 1 each garlic, clove, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 each onions, green, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 each celery, stalks, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 each zucchini, small, sliced
- 2 cup bok choy, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tb water
- 1 oriental noodles, as needed or rice
- MARINADE: In a small mixing bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients. Add the tofu & let it sit about 15 minutes.
- VEGETABLES: Meanwhile slice all the vegetables & prepare the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Heat the oil in a wok & fry the marinated tofu until it is golden on all sides.
- Remove, place on paper towels & pat dry to remove excess oil. Pour excess oil out of the wok. Stir fry the vegetables in the order in which they appear listed above. Be careful not to overcook.
- At the last minute, pour the sauce over the cooked vegetables & add the tofu. Mix gently. Serve over oriental style noodles.
- VARIATION: Serve over rice instead of noodles.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Vietnamese