Recipe: Spicy Tomatillo Shrimp
- 2 Tomatillos
- 2 tb Minced onion
- 1 Garlic clove; minced
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 1/4 c Lime juice, fresh preferred
- Freshly ground black pepper 2 tb Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb Shrimp;shelled,tails left on
- 6 Jalapenos;in strips
- Place the tomatillos on a hot skillet and roast for a couple of minutes or until blackened on all sides. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Place the tomatillos, onion mixture, lime juice, and black pepper in a blender and puree until smooth. Stir in the cilantro.
- Marinate the shrimp in the mixture for an hour. Remove and thread on skewers along with the chile strips.
- Grill until just done (a few minutes on each side) and serve with the sauce on the side.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)