Recipe: Spicy Turkey Roast
- 1 Frozen whole boneless turkey
- 4 pounds,thawed as pkg Directs 8 lg Cloves garlic
- 3 tb Rosemary
- 1 ts Paprika
- 1 tb Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 ts Coarse Kosher style salt
- 2 tb Olive oil
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish Red pepper, for garnish
- Remove mesh from the turkey. Lay turkey out as flat as possible on a cutting board, placing the skin side down.
- Combine the garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt in the work bowl of the food processor withthe steel blade in place, or in the blender. Turn motor on. Add the oil, processing until coarsely chopped.
- Spread half the garlic mixture over the inside of the turkey. Reroll the turkey.
- Tie firmly with string every two inches to return the turkey to its original log shape. Spread evenly with the remaining garlic mixture.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 170 degrees. A long log shape takes less time than a more compact roast.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 20 minutes before removing strings.
- Cut thin slices to serve. Garnish with rosemary and red pepper. Scrape up cooking juices from bottom of pan. Spoon over meat, or thicken with flour and add chicken broth for a gravy, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)