Recipe: Spicy Viennese Coffee
- 1 1/2 pt Hot strong coffee
- 2 Sticks of cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 1/2 ts Allspice berries
- 5 oz Double cream
- 1 tb Sugar
- 1/2 ts Ground cinnamon
- Prepare the topping first. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then gently whip in the sugar.
- Chill the cream until ready to serve. In a small saucepan heat, but do not boil, coffee, cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice.
- Leave over very low heat for 10 minutes so that all flavors combine.
- Strain the mixture into glass mugs, top with the whipped cream, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)