Recipe: Spicy White Chile
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 1 tbs cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz ea) chicken broth
- 4 c cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cans (15 1/2 oz ea) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a 3-qt saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne and cloves; cook and stir 2-3 minutes more.
- Add broth, chicken and beans; simmer,uncovered, for 15 minutes. remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Garnish with sour cream and jalapeno peppers if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)