Recipe: Spicy Wine Pot Roast
- 3 pound beef, roast
- 1 each onion, chopped
- 1 each brown gravy mix, package
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce, or ketchup
- 1/4 cup wine, red
- 2 teaspoon mustard, prepared
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs, dried, mixed
- 1 parsley, fresh, chopped, to garnish
- 1 salt, to taste
- 1 pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Place in crockpot. Combine the remaining ingredients, except parsley, and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low 10 hours. Remove the meat and slice.
- Thicken sauce with flour mixed in a small amount of water and serve over meat sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)