Recipe: Spicy Zucchini Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts sifted
- powdered sugar
- Beat batter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually beat the sugar. beat in egg and almond extract.
- Press zucchini between paper towels to remove excess mousture, stir zucchini into butter mixture. Combine together flour, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and nuts. Drop dough b heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes; remove to a wire raack to
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)