Recipe: Spinach And Buttermilk Soup
- 1 pk Frozen chopped spinach
- 4 c Chicken broth,reg. strength
- 2 tb Grated lemon peel
- 2 tb Cornstarch
- 2 c Buttermilk
- Salt Pepper 1
- Combine spinach and 2 cups broth in a 3- to 4-quart pan.
- Bring to boil on high heat; use a spoon to break spinach apart. As soon as spinach is in chunks, pour into a blender, add 1 tablespoon lemon peel, and puree until smooth.
- In pan, mix remaining 2 cups broth with cornstarch until smooth; add spinach mixture. Stir often on high heat until boiling.
- Mix in buttermilk and pour into bowls or mugs.
- Sprinkle with remaining peel and add salt and pepper to taste.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)