Recipe: Spinach And Lentil Soup (Santa Maria)
- 1 lb Spinach, washed & drained
- 1 c Lentils
- A few bay leaves 3 tb Olive oil
- 1 bn Green onions, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 ts Cumin powder
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 pn Black pepper
- Water/stock as required
- Chop the washed spinach. Boil lentils in 4 cups water with bay leaves until they are soft.
- Heat oil in a pot & gently fry the green onions for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic & seasonings. Add spinach. Mix well & put in cooked lentils.
- Add another pint of water or stock & cook for a further 15 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)