Recipe: Spinach And Potato Soup
- 2 Bacon Slices, Cut Up
- 1/2 c Onion Chopped, 1 Medium
- 2 c Chicken Broth
- 2 c Potatoes Diced
- 1/4 c Carrot Finely Chopped
- 1/4 c Celery Finely Chopped
- 1/4 c White Wine Dry
- 1 1/2 ts Thyme Leaves Fresh,Snipped
- 1 1/2 ts Sage Leaves Fresh,Snipped
- 1/2 ts Pepper
- 2 lb Spinach Fresh, Chopped
- 2 c Milk
- 1/2 c Parsley Snipped
- 1/4 lb Chorizo Sausage Links
- Or you can use 1/2 t Dried Thyme Leaves, crumbled. Or you can use 1/2 t Dried Sage Leaves, crumbled.
- Chorizo sausage links should be cooked and sliced.
- Cook and stir bacon in 3-quart saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain; reserve fat in saucepan.
- Cook and stir onion in fat until tender. Stir in broth, potatoes, carrot, celery, wine, salt, thyme, sage and pepper.
- Heat until boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in half of the spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining spinach; cover and cook until spinach is just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk, parsley and bacon; heat just until hot.
- Serve with sausage.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)