Recipe: Spinach, Corn And Quinoa Chicken Soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 4 cups spinach chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, frozen
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- salt and pepper hot pepper sauce
- In a 3-quart saucepan, bring chicken broth and 2 cups water to boil over high heat. Stir in quinoa and cooked chicken; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Add spinach, corn and scallions; return to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer 4 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)