Recipe: Spinach-Mushroom Soup
- 1 lg Onion; thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lb Mushrooms; thinly sliced
- 1/4 c White wine
- 1 qt Water; or vegetable broth
- 3 1/2 oz Enoki mushrooms
- 2 tb Soy sauce
- 4 c Spinach leaves; washed, thin
- Fresh ground pepper; to tast Recipe by: The New McDougall Cookbook Preparation Time: 0:15 Place the onion and mushrooms in a large sacuepan with the wine. Cook slowly over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the water or vegetables broth, the enoki mushrooms, and the soy sauce.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and season with the pepper.
- Turn off the heat.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)