Recipe: Spinach Soup
- 2 pk Spinach, frozen
- 1/4 c Onions, chopped
- 1/3 c Flour, sifted
- 1 T Salt
- 1/4 c Peanut oil
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 1 ds Nutmeg
- 6 c Milk
- 1 x Water
- Cook frozen chopped spinach in unsalted water according to directions and drain.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and saute’ until transparent (5 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Blend in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add milk. then add spinach.
- Cook over medium-high heat (about 15 minutes).
- Stir often to prevent scorching.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)