Recipe: Spinach Yogurt Soup
- 1 md Onion, finely
- Chopped 1 1/2 tb Butter
- 2 ts Flour
- 1/3 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Tarragon
- Dash nutmeg Dash cayenne 1 1/2 (10 oz ea) frozen chopped
- Spinach, thawed but NOT Drained 2 c Chicken broth
- 3/4 c Yogurt
- Half lemon slices for Garnish In 3 quart saucepan, saute onion in butter until soft but not brown.
- Mix in flour, salt, tarragon, nutmeg and cayenne. Cook until bubbly. Mix in spinach, then broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Place in blender, about 1/3 at a time (I used a hand blender right in the pot) and puree. Return to saucepan.
- Add yogurt, whisking until smooth and blended.
- Heat just until steaming. (Do not boil.) Add salt, if needed.
- Serve with a lemon slice on top of each serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)