Recipe: Stir-Fried Vegetables With Tofu
- 2 tb Sesame oil
- 2 md Green bell peppers, diced
- 1 lg Celery stalk, diagonally
- sliced 2 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 c Mung bean sprouts
- 2 bn Scallions, chopped
- 1/4 c Toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c Dry sherry
- 2 tb Tamari
- 1/2 ts Grated ginger
- 3 ea Cakes of tofu, diced
- Chinese noodles Heat oil in wok. When hot, add bell peppers, celery & garlic.
- Stir fry over moderate heat till celery is half cooked. Add bean sprouts, scallions & sunflower seeds. Stir fry just till sprouts are wilted.
- Rest of the vegetables should be tender crisp. Add rest of ingredients & reduce heat. Saute another 2 minutes. Serve over grains or noodles.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)