Recipe: Super Fast Bread Recipe
- 3 c Flour
- see note below
- 1 2/3 c ;water, cold
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 tb Yeast, dry
- 1 tb Honey
- Heat 3 cups of flour for 2 minutes in the microwave. : While that’s happening, measure the water. Add salt, dry yeast and a dollop of honey.
- It looks like a mess, but don’t worry about it. : Quickly take the hot flour and mix in the water combo with an electric mixer. It should be sticky and gooey.
- If your mixer is having trouble, just add more water. Mix it around as long as you want. : Now, cover it, put it in a cool place, go away and ignore it.
- Go to work, take a walk, go to sleep, whatever. If you happen to pass the poor neglected thing during the day, pound it around a little with a wet spoon. If you are going to ignore it for more than 8 hours, put it in the refrigerator.
- If you are in a hurry, ignore the ignoring part and proceed to the next step. : Pound your sticky dough around with a wet spoon to pop all the bubbles, then slop it into a well oiled bread pan ( do not whisper sweet nothings in its ear ).
- Set a timer and let the dough rise in a warm spot for 10 minutes. If it was kept in the refrigerator, let it sit a little longer.
- Set your timer again for 10 minutes and turn on your oven at 350 degrees. When it’s hot, put the bread in and set the timer for 50 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)