Recipe: Sweet And Sour Pot Roast
- 12 sm white potatoes — peeled
- 1 3 lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 c brown sugar — packed
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 ts salt
- Place potatoes in a slow cooker. Trim fat from roast; brown in hot oil on all sides in a skillet. Place meat in slow cooker. Discard all but 1 tbsp drippings from skillet; saute onion until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and salt.
- Pour over meat and potatoes. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Before serving, pour sauce into a skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened; serve with potatoes and meat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)