Recipe: Sweet Potato And Pepper Soup
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 2 cn (10oz each) Chicken broth,
- Undiluted 1 c Water
- 1 t Bick’s hot pepper relish OR 1/4 t Tabasco sauce
- Light sour cream Preheat oven to 350F. Pierce potatoes and bake until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Or microwave on high for 10 minutes. Peel potatoes and puree in a food processor.
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, water and hot pepper relish in a large saucepan.
- Add more water, if needed, until soup is as thin as you like. Cook over medium heat until hot.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and more hot pepper relish.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)