Recipe: Sweet Potato Biscuits 3
- 1 1/4 c Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c Unbleached white flour
- 2 ts Baking powder
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 3 tb Margarine
- 1/3 c Apple juice
- 1 c Well mashed, cooked sweet
- potato 3 tb Honey
- 1/3 c Finely chopped walnuts or
- pecans Preheat oven to 425F. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder & salt. Work in the margarine till the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add apple juice, potato, honey & nuts & work till it resembles a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured board & knead enough extra flour to make the dough lose its stickiness. With floured hands, divide dough into 16 equal parts.
- Shape into small balls & arrange on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, patting them down a bit to flatten them. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)