Recipe: Sweet Potato Pie (Veg Times)
- 1 9″ pie crust
- 4 md Sweet potatoes
- 2/3 c Water or soy milk
- 1 1/2 tb White miso
- 1 tb Cornstarch
- 1 pn Cardamom
- 1 pn Cinnamon
- 1 pn Nutmeg
- 1 pn Ginger
- 1/4 c Walnut halves
- Prepare pie crust & set aside. Pre heat oven to 375F.
- Wash & scrub potatoes. Place in a baking pan, brush skins with some olive oil & bake for 1 1/2 hours till very soft. Cool & then peel.
- Mash & add the rest of the ingredients. Blend till the mixture has a creamy consistency. Reduce oven to 350F. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Garnish with walnuts. Bake for 1 hour.
- Chill or cool to room temperature before serving. Variation.
- Add 1 to 2 cups cooked chick peas to the sweet potato before cooking the pie.
- Ensure they rae well mashed.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)