Recipe: Sweet Potato Soup(Pressure Cooked)
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter or oil
- 1 medium onion — finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery — thinly sliced
- 5 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds) — peeled and grated
- 2 large McIntosh apples — peel, core, grate
- 5 cups chicken stock or bouillon — or
- vegetable stock or bouillon 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt — or to taste
- Heat the butter in the pressure cooker. Saute the onions until soft, about 3 m inutes.
- Add the celery and grated potatoes and toss to coat with the butter. Add the grated apples, stock, 1 teaspoon orange zest, and salt.
- Lock the lid i n place and over high heat bring to high pressure. Adjust the heat to maintain high pressure, and cook for 4 minutes. Let the pressure drop naturally or use a quick-release method.
- Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow any excess steam to escape. If the soup seems too thin, puree about 1 third of it and stir the puree back i nto the soup.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon orange zest and salt to taste . Heat thoroughly before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)