Recipe: Szechwan Chicken Soup
- 3 x Condensed chicken broth
- 10 3/4 -ounce broth 3 oz Oriental noodles
- chicken flavored, broken up 1/2 t Pepper, red, ground
- 3 c Chicken, cooked, cubed,
- frozen chicken cubes 2 x Apples, medium, cored
- and coarsely chopped 6 oz Pea pods, frozen, cut up
- 4 x Green onions, bias-sliced
- into 1 1/2-inch length In a large saucepan or Dutch oven stir together chicken broth, noodles and flavoring packet, red pepper, and 3 soup cans (3 3/4 cups) water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return to boiling. Serve at once.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)