Recipe: Teriyaki Tempeh And Pineapple Salsa
- 1/4 c Tamari
- 2 tb Mirin or sherry
- 1/4 c Pineapple juice
- 1 tb Fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Garlic cloves; minced
- 1 pn Red pepper flakes
- 4 Tempeh burgers
- 2 c Fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 c Red onion, diced
- 1/4 c Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 Tomato; seeded, diced
- 1 Garlic clove; minced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- seeded, minced 2 tb Fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 ts Ground coriander seed
- 1/4 ts Ground cumin
- 1/8 ts Salt
- To make marinade, combine tamari, mirin, pineapple juice, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in a shallow baking dish.
- Place tempeh burgers in marinade and set aside 15 minutes.
- Turn burgers occasionally to coat with marinade.
- Combine pineapple, red onion, green pepper, tomato, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro and spices in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Remove tempeh burgers from marinade and grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately with Pineapple Salsa.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)