Recipe: Texas Style Barbecue On A Bun
- 1 lb Firm tofu; frozen, thawed – and shredded 2 tb Kitchen Bouquet (or soy -sauce or liquid smoke) 1 sm Onion; chopped
- 1 ts Garlic powder
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 ts Pepper
- 1 c Water
- 1 c Commercial barbecue sauce
- 1 pk Hamburger buns (preferably
- -whole wheat) Squeeze excess moisture from thawed tofu; crumble in frying pan.
- Add water, Kitchen Bouquet, onion, garlic, salt andpepper, stirring to marinate tofu. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain and add barbecue sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Serve on buns with extra sliced onions and sweet pickle relish
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)