Recipe: Thai Chicken And Coconut Soup Vmxv03A
- 2 c Condensed chicken broth
- (Low-salt) 14 oz Unsweetend coconut milk
- 1/2 c Fresh lemongrass
- (sliced 1/4″ thick) 1 lg Chicken breast half
- with skin and ribs 1 tb (or more) lime juice
- 1/2 Jalapeno chili; minced
- Fresh cilantro — finely chopped Bring first 3 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat, add chicken and simmer until almost cooked through, turning occasionally, about 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate; cool.
- Remove chickenskin and bones. Cut meat into 1/2 inch pieces. Strain soup through sieve into small saucepan.
- Add 1 T lime juice and jalapeno to soup and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes. Add chicken and simmer just to heat through.
- Taste, adding more lime juice if desired. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Thai